Its best to be prepared in advance to welcome home your new friend.
- Martingale Collar (a martingale collar tightens when it is pulled; harder for the Doberman’s small head to slip out of); you can get any, but we use this one (size large) https://www.amazon.com/
gp/product/B08465CRC9/ref=ppx_ yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie= UTF8&th=1
- Leash any 6-feet leash with a padded handle will be fine (the padded handle is easier on your hand); stay AWAY from retractable leashes.
- Food and water bowl, and probably a large mat for the water bowl to go on (most pups make a mess when they drink)
- Dog Food (do not feed grain-free food to large breed dogs; it negatively affects heart health of large breeds).
- Dog treats for training (we love the True Chew brand ones; avoid rawhide – it always upsets their stomach and they can choke on it)
- Enzymatic cleaner spray to clean up potty accidents (if any).
- Poop bags
- Dog bed (Costco or Petsmart sells good ones for about $40-50)
- 48″ Wire Crate + Crate Mat
As a dog parent, you will buy more stuff as you spend more time with your dog and are aware of the dog’s needs and for convenience. But the above is a good list to get you started. 🙂